Rodellar youth coaching holiday 21st - 28th October 2017
We are pleased to announce we are running our annual Junior sport climbing trip to Rodellar!
Who's it for?
The trip is aimed at keen young climbers between the ages of 12-17yrs who want to gain outdoor experience .
You will receive 5 days coaching, 7 nights accommodation and airport transfers.
During the week we will cover; the rope work techniques required to keep us safe, how to read rock, the art of onsighting and repointing as well as the mental approach to climbing outside. There will be plenty of opportunity throughout the week to climb in the stunning gorge and get stuck into projects.
Our accommodation is in comfortable apartments at Valle de Rodellar which is a 10 minute walk from all of the climbing areas. The apartments have kitchen, toilet, terrace and free WiFi.
For more info about the accommodation visit:
- Arrive at accommodation
- Preparing for a day at the crag (what to pack in your bag)
- Rope work and rethreading
- Onsighting day at El Camino
- A tour of the gorge (to get us excited for later in the week)
- Redpointing skills (unlocking the routes secrets before going for the send)
- Las Ventanas
- Projecting (working a route at your limit with the idea being to get the moves memorized and the body positions wired so you can come back after a rest day feeling fresh to climb the route)
- Rest day – We will spend the morning absorbing some of the historic spanish culture, exploring the near by ancient town of Alquezar. In the afternoon / evening we will focus on recovery. This will include, self massage, stretching, slacklining and relaxing.
- Redpointing (today is the day to climb the project you worked on Tuesday
- Today we will explore a new area with the aim of onsighting or doing quick redpoints to get some final routes in before travelling home
- 10:00 Leaving the accommodation and travel back to Airport